Monday, March 14, 2011

Back from the brink....

Yes, I remember that I have a blog to update.  Yes, I know I promised you all the next installment of "Puppy Dogs and Tridents."  So, here you go.
Puppy Dogs of the week--or last few weeks as it were:
1- Denise's birthday.  We had a rollicking good time this past Friday.  Bunch of us all got together for some Tapas (boy did we eat the hell out of some Tapas), then drinks at Blue.  It was a blast.  Good food.  Good people.  Good fun.  In addition--I normally suck at getting thoughtful gifts.  I'm good at getting dumb gifts, and I do like giving gifts to people, however, I suck at the "thoughtful" part.  As my uncle James is fond of saying, I think I nutted it this year.

2-Student Teaching.  Having a blast still.  Our first concert is Tuesday the 22nd.  We're performing pops music.  I get to conduct a lot.  It's going to be fun!

3-ISBE testing.  Done.  Passed.  Take that awkwardly worded questions.

4-3DS.  Played it.  Loved it.  So will you.

5-Prepping for BACONFEST.  50/50 burger anyone?  Hells yes.  Bacon wrapped chicken and dates?  Hells yes.  Bacon rice krispie treats?  Better be there!

Tridents to the Heart--

1-ISBE testing.  Yes, I passed.  But hell's bells.  It was only when I found out that questions had multiple "correct answers" did everything make sense to me.  WOW.

2-Last Friday at work.  UGH.  I can handle "difficult customers."  Really, I can.  However, last Friday was the "Yell at Erich day for no reason--and do it repeatedly, by the way."  I don't want to get into details, however, let's just say I could have told each person that walked in that they won a million dollars and still have gotten yelled at.  It was one of those days.

3-Mother Nature.  Seriously.  What the hell.  I have watched over and over all the footage from Japan, slack-jawed at the sheer scale of the destruction.  It's like a car-wreck.  I can't look away.  I keep on watching and watching and watching.  Seriously.  What the hell. If I had several Trillion dollars to give to the Japanese people to rebuild their lives I would give it in a heartbeat.

4-Lack of Money.  Why don't I have several Trillion dollars to give to the Japanese people?  Why don't I have several thousand dollars to pay both Denise and my bills?

5-Laundry.  I HATE laundry.  HATE HATE HATE laundry.  I do enjoy being clean and wearing clean clothes.  You can see the problem.  Denise and I have recently found a good cheap laundromat.  You can imagine, though, the "social element" that an establishment like this draws...and the various scents that are emanated from those same persons.  America at its finest I assure you.

That's all I wrote today.

Hope your day is...well.  [well enough to not have to write about....]

No comments:

Post a Comment