Sunday, January 30, 2011

The quality of a man...

So, here I go--several people over the years have said something akin to "You should write a blog."  To those two people, here you go.

I shall offer the following promises to those who would ever choose to read this detritus:
1.  The unfettered, unvarnished, unrepentant, straight from the horses mouth truth.
2.  Thoughts both sublime and base.
3.  Yes, the curmudgeonly truth [I have a reputation to maintain after all...]

Anyways, I thought, and thought, and thought about how to inaugurate this new venture that I am starting.  The first topic sang to me in my head, and for anyone who knows me, you shall see how apropos...

"The Quality of a Man..."

How do I judge a new person or a new place that I am interacting with?

The answer may shock you, then again, it may not.

The first thing that I look at is the quality, strength, and ready availability of the toilet paper.

Sure, sure, there's personality, honesty, etc.  When push comes to shove though, toilet paper is a good tell.  You see, of all the rooms of a house, the three that I interact with in any regularity would be 1-the bedroom, 2-the kitchen, and 3-the restroom.  If I am meeting you for the first time, I'm not going to your bedroom, I'm not going to cook for you, but damn if my Crohn's disease forces me into your bathroom within 10 minutes of meeting.  For someone like me, toilet paper can make or break my day.

Offer up thin, cheap-ass sandpaper-like toilet paper...well...that says a lot.  Offer me triple-ply, lush, luxuriant paper, that says a lot as well.  Offer the "moist towelette" with luxuriant tissue option?  You and I are going to best-ies pretty damn quick.

Bet you never thought you would be reading a post about toilet paper, eh?

Thats all I got for now.  There will be more to follow, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment